The Eyre Affair [Kindle]

The Eyre Affair  - Jasper Fforde

I can still remember the first time I was introduced to The Eyre Affair. I was talking with a history professor I unfortunately didn't discover until my final year of school and could take only one semester with her. While talking with her about a special project for the class, I saw this book sitting on her desk. The cover and name are definitely intriguing and I had to ask what it was about. She was using it in her freshman liberal arts class and when she told me a bit about it, I knew I had to read it. I went to the campus bookstore and bought a copy that day. That weekend I devoured the book and knew my reading life had changed. I never have been able to thank her for that.

However, I learned early this book doesn't work for everyone. Nobody I've ever recommended this to has ever appreciated it and it wasn't until finding GR and BL did I meet fellow Fforde fanatics.

I used this copy to test out highlighting favorite quotes and for reading when out of the house. I'm rapidly warming up to the Kindle program on my phone and love that I can look up quotes I liked when it comes time to write the review. Tag teaming between my copy and the ebook copy worked surprisingly well and I think I might try this with the rest of the books through my library. Either that, or listening to the audiobook version and using my hardback copy.

Review for the book found here.