Artemis Fowl: The Graphic Novel - It took a bit but I've come to really like this comic

Artemis Fowl: The Graphic Novel - Eoin Colfer, Andrew Donkin, Giovanni Rigano, Paolo Lamanna

*4.35 Stars*

The Gush

If you've read the novel, then you know what happens. This is a wonderful adaptation of the novel, with the story told with dialogue and thought boxes, and the exposition (details on Fowl's family and life and Fairy information) is set apart as pieces of the psychologist's report on Artemis Fowl. The illustrations are...unique. For most comic book readers, the pages might at first make you go, "I'm not sure how I feel about this". In fact, when I first read this book, I nearly gave it up because the illustrations were so different from what I was use to, I wasn't sure how I felt about it but it was generally negative. I finished the book and promptly read it again. And again. And again. Now, I love the illustrations and think they fit the story and the style perfectly, but I will admit it was an acquired taste.

I would also suggest this book for people who want to see if they'll like the series but might not feel up to tackling the novel.

The Rant

Very little. I mentioned my previous issues with the illustrations, but as I said, they were gotten over rather quickly. This is a great adaptation, one of the best I've seen.

Conclusion

If you liked the series or if you want to give it a try, this is a great book to pick up. A delightful graphic novel that ranks very high and should be on the shelf of any library.