Christmas Came Early! ...more books for my TBR Jar *sigh*

Star Trek: The Original Topps Trading Card Series - 'Paula M. Block',  'Terry J. Erdmann' Star Trek Volume 5 - Mike Johnson;Ryan Parrott Star Trek Volume 6: After Darkness (Star Trek - Ryan Parrott The Surrogate Assassin - Christopher Leppek Death Cloud (Sherlock Holmes: The Legend Begins, #1) - Andrew Lane Sherlock Holmes and the Ice Palace Murders - Larry Millett

Thanks to an Amazon gift card from a family member (thanks again!), I was able to get some new books as well as some old friends I've been dying to re-read!

Re-reads:

The Surrogate Assassin: I read this book years ago and have spent about a decade trying to chase this book back down. Edwin Booth (yes, that Booth) comes to Sherlock Holmes with a case for him. The mystery leads our favorite detective to look into Edwin's infamous brother John Wilkes Booth...and interesting things follow. I can't remember much about this book other then I really liked it and thought it was well handled.

Death Cloud: I read this book just before finding Goodreads and have kicked myself ever since, as I'd had to special order it through my local library. I was unsure about a 'young Sherlock Holmes' series but found this book extremely interesting and the premise intriguing. I purchased the second book but had to set it aside...as I couldn't remember enough about this book to move on in the series!

Sherlock Holmes and the Ice Palace Murders: This was my introduction to Larry Millett's Holmes in Minnesota series (though it's the second book) and I read this book multiple times in the early 2000s. I find this better the first book and am excited to finally own it and read it again.

New books:

Star Trek: The Original Topps Trading Card Series: This is a geeky buy and I know it. I fell in love with TV and Movie Trading Cards when the Lord of the Rings trilogy came out. I have a complete set (of the regular cards) for each of the movies as well as from some other fandoms I have. However, I've never been able to track down a Star Trek TOS card series. So when I saw this in the bookstore, it immediately went on my To Buy list. It's the closest I'll come to seeing the cards, and I'm excited!

Star Trek Vols 5 & 6: I've been really behind in this series (and now they're coming out with a Khan comic arc...that's not coming out in trade pb until next may! ARGH) and since reading the comic book that served as an intro into the new movie, I've not read anything else in the AOS comics. So, I'm excited to see the new stories and looking forward to getting back into this favorite comic series.