A Treasury of Victoran Murder Compendium - While glad I read...don't think I'll be picking this up again for awhile!

A Treasury of Victorian Murder Compendium: Including: Jack the Ripper, The Beast of Chicago, Fatal Bullet - Rick Geary

If you like historical (in this case Victorian) murder mysteries whether solved or not, this is an interesting way to learn of some famous and not so famous cases. Straddling both sides of the pond, this books covers serial killers from Jack the Ripper and H. H. Holmes to the assassination of President Garfield and a few average cases. Told in simple but stunning illustrations, this is a beautifully done graphic novel about inelegant happenings in what most people see as a very elegant time.

While none of the pictures were gruesome, thankfully (even true of the Ripper story), the dark black drawing on a white surface could at times be quite chilling. In fact there were moments during the Holmes story that I could not take close facial shots of the man himself. They sent shivers down your spine.

This was an interesting and unique way to learn in depth knowledge of several crimes I'd heard about. If Victorian murders interest you, I recommend giving this book a look.