#BookadayUK - Day 16 -20: Because I'm an idiot, apparently!

The Modern Scholar: Detective Fiction: From Victorian Sleuths to the Present - M. Lee Alexander Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone - J.K. Rowling, Mary GrandPré Ten Little Indians - Christie Murder On The Orient Express - Agatha Christie Bone - Jeff Smith The New Annotated Sherlock Holmes: The Complete Short Stories -  Arthur Conan Doyle, Leslie S. Klinger

Day 16) - Favorite Book to Take to the Beach

I would never be able to take a book to the beach, too many possibilities for it to get ruined, so I'd choose an audiobook instead...and what would be better then a course on Detective Fiction! I'd get to hear about great mysteries and learn while enjoying shade and the sea.

Day 17) - Novel Which Surprised You Most

I've used this before but I've got to go with this again. I was completely prepared to hate this book. I'll admit, I didn't even start it with an open mind. But it wasn't a couple chapters in that I was hooked. I've rarely been more surprised or pleased.

Day 18) - Favorite Crime Novel of All Time (or the Impossible Question)

I thought about this one for days. And while a part of me wanted to use this for the 19th, I'm going to have to go with And Then There Were None or Ten Little Indians, as the copy I read called it. I decided to give Christie a go and chose this as my first book by her. I was completely hooked...and completely taken in by her crazy plot twist! It's my favorite for it introduced me to mysteries and all the amazing books I've read since.

Day 19) Most Memorable Plot Twist

I'm recycling an author again...as this one absolutely blew my mind when I read it all those years ago.

Day 20) Your Desert Island Novel

This was very hard, as I'd never be able to make this choice when the time came. So right as this moment, I think I'd choose the Bone complete collection graphic novel and the new annotated Sherlock Holmes box set. Those should keep me busy and give a few re-reads. I'd probably have to smuggle the complete Austen books on as well though!