I have set several levels to challenge ourselves along the year:
Student : read 1 to 3 books
Scholar : read 4 to 6 books
Historian : read 7 or more books
Right now, I'm aiming for Historian (I have a LOT of history reading to make up for) but I will be reading at least to Scholar.
I've been needing something like this for awhile. I have a lot of history books I've been wanting to read but they never seem to actually make it into my hands.
The full rules and how to join are in the link below. I urge any who want to join to check it out and think about doing this. Sometimes, even history majors need a little push to read some non-fiction.
Link to master post where you post reviews: http://klasikfanda.blogspot.com/2014/01/history-reading-challenge-2014-master.html
List of books for this challenge:
2) The Civil War in 50 Objects: Review here.
3) The Smithsonian's History of America in 101 Objects: Review here.
4) Souvenir Nation: Relics, Keepsakes, and Curios from the Smithsonian's National Museum of American History: Review here.
5) Dawn of the Belle Epoque: The Paris of Monet, Zola, Bernhardt, Eiffel, Debussy, Clemenceau, and Their Friends: Review here.
8) Mr. Lincoln's High-Tech War : Review here