The Anatomist's Wife (Lady Darby Mystery # 1) [Audiobook]

The Anatomist's Wife (Lady Darby Mystery) - Anna Lee Huber, Heather Wilds

As I've already reviewed the book, this review will only cover the audiobook. For my thoughts on the story, characters, etc., please click here.

All I have to tell you is I read this book twice last year, the second time using the copy I'd just bought, for you to understand how much I love this series. The three books that make it up are easily some of my top 10 of 2014.

I almost grabbed this the moment I saw this available on Audible but held back. This audiobook was one I knew I'd need to try out before purchasing. With the setting in Scotland and the multitude of characters, the narrator was going to have quite a task.

By and large, Heather Wilds delivered. Philip's accent was good and most of the characters stood out as best as such a huge cast could.

It was in the two main characters I had a bit of trouble. To me, Gage and Kiera have been quite real, I've pictured them and heard them in my mind. And while I came to accept her take on them and their voices...it took a bit.

Truthfully, it took me awhile to warm up to her narration period but once I did, I couldn't stop listening. I almost snapped at LL during one scene between Gage and Kiera when he asked me an unrelated question.

I do hope my library picks up the other two soon, but if they don't I expect these will find their way onto my purchase list soon enough.